- Taylor M, S Fielder and IM Suthers (2009) Growth and viability of hatchery-reared Argyrosomus japonicusreleases into open and semi-closed systems. Fisheries Management and Ecology 16: 478-483
- Ives MC, JP Scandol, S Montgomery, and IM Suthers (2009) Modelling the possible effects of climate change on an Australian multi-fleet prawn fishery. Marine & Freshwater Research60: 1211-1222
- Gillson J, J Scandol, IM Suthers (2009) Estuarine gillnet fishery catch rates decline during drought in eastern Australia. Fisheries Research99: 26-37
- Ochwada F, Loneragan NR, Gray CA, Suthers IM, Taylor, MD (2009) Complexity affects habitat preference and predation mortality in postlarval Penaeus plebejus: implications for stock enhancement Marine Ecology Progress Series380:161–171,
- Pursche AR, Suthers IM, Taylor MD (2009) Tethering induces increased stress artifacts in social fish species. Journal of Fish Biology74:1525–1531
- Rissik D, Ho Shon E, Newell B, Baird ME, Suthers IM, (2009) Plankton dynamics due to rainfall, eutrophication, dilution, grazing and assimilation in an urbanized coastal lagoon Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science84:99-107
- Kingsford, M.J., Hughes, J.M. and Patterson, H.M. (2009). Otolith chemistry of the non-dispersing reef fish Acanthochromis polyacanthus: Cross-shelf patterns from the central Great Barrier Reef. Marine Ecology Progress Series377: 279–288.
- Piola R, D Rissik, IM Suthers (2008) Carbon and nitrogen stable isotope analysis indicates freshwater shrimp Paratya australiensisKemp, 1917 (Atyidae) assimilate cyanobacterial accumulations. Hydrobiologia 608: 121-132
- Wright KJ, Higgs DM, Belanger AJ, Leis, JM (2008) Auditory and olfactory abilities of larvae of the Indo-Pacific coral trout Plectropomus leopardus(Lacepède) at settlement Journal of Fish Biology 72: 2543–2556
- Taylor MD, Piola RF (2008) Scale stocking checks to differentiate between wild and hatchery-reared mulloway (Argyrosomus japonicus). Fisheries Management and Ecology15: 211-216
- Taylor MD. (2008) Spatial and temporal patterns of habitat use by three estuarine species of mysid shrimp. Marine & Freshwater Research59: 792-798.
- Taylor MD (2008) Fishy science: The raw prawn. In ‘Fishing World’. pp. 72-73
- Taylor MD, Suthers IM (2008) A Predatory Impact Model and targeted stocking approach for optimal release of mulloway (Argyrosomus japonicus). Reviews in Fisheries Science16:125-134.
- Dela-Cruz J, JH Middleton, IM Suthers 2008 The influence of upwelling, coastal currents and water temperature on the distribution of the red tide dinoflagellate, Noctiluca scintillans, along the east coast of Australia. Hydrobiologia598: 59-75.
- Baird, M. E., P. G. Timko, I. M. Suthers, J. H. Middleton, T. J. Mullaney and D. R. Cox (2008) Biological properties across the Tasman Front off southeast Australia. Deep Sea Research I55: 1438-1455
- Fowler, AM, JM Leis, IM Suthers. 2008 Onshore-offshore distribution and abundance of tuna larvae (Pisces: Scombridae: Thunnini) in near-reef waters of the Coral Sea. US Fish. Bulletin106: 405-416.
- Everett JD, Baird ME, Suthers IM, 2007. Nutrient and plankton dynamics in an intermittently closed/open lagoon, Smiths Lake, south-eastern Australia: An ecological model. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science72: 690–702.
- Heagney EC, Lynch TP, Babcock RC, Suthers IM, 2007. Pelagic fish assemblages assessed using mid-water baited video: standardising fish counts using bait plume size. Marine Ecology Progress Series350: 255-266.
- Ives, MC, JP Scandol. 2007. A Bayesian Analysis of NSW Eastern King Prawn Stocks (Melicertus plebejus) using multiple model structures. Fisheries Research84: 314–327.
- Baird, ME, PG Timko, L Wu 2007 The effect of packaging of chlorophyll within phytoplankton and light scattering in a coupled physical-biological ocean model. Marine and Freshwater Research. 58: 966-981, doi:10.1071/MF07055
- Baird, ME, O Leth and JF. Middleton 2007 Biological response to circulation driven by mean summertime winds off central Chile: A numerical model study. Journal of Geophysical Research (Oceans)112: C07031, doi:10.1029/2006JC003655
- Baird, ME and IM Suthers 2007 A size-resolved pelagic ecosystem model. Ecological Modelling203: 185-203
- Leis JM, Wright KJ, Johnson RN (2007) Behaviour that influences dispersal and connectivity in the small, young larvae of a reef fishMarine Biology153:103–117
- Taylor MD, DS Fielder and IM Suthers (2006). Spatial and ontogenetic variation in the diet of wild and stocked mulloway (Argyrosomus japonicus, Sciaenidae) in Australian estuaries. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 29: 785-793
- Taylor MD, S Laffan, IM Suthers and DS Fielder. (2006). Key habitat and home range of mulloway (Argyrosomus japonicus) in a south-east Australian estuary: Finding the estuarine niche to optimise stocking. Marine Ecology Progress Series328: 237-247
- Suthers, IM, C. T. Taggart, D. Rissik, ME Baird. (2006). Day and night ichthyoplankton assemblages and zooplankton biomass size spectrum in a deep ocean island wake. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 322: 225–238
- Caldarone EM, CM Clemmesen, E Berdalet, TJ Miller, A Folkvord, GJ Holt, MP Olivar MP, IM Suthers. (2006) Intercalibration of four spectrofluorometric protocols for measuring RNA/DNA ratios in larval and juvenile fish. Limnology & Oceanography Methods4: 153–163
- Moore SK, ME Baird and IM Suthers (2006). Relative impacts of physical and biological processes on nutrient and phytoplankton dynamics in a shallow estuary after a storm event. Estuaries & Coasts29: 81-95
- Moore, SK, IM Suthers, (2006) Evaluation and correction of subresolved particles by the optical plankton counter in three Australian estuaries with pristine to highly modified catchments. Journal of Geophysical Research3: 1-14
- Piola, R, S Moore and IM Suthers. (2006) Carbon and nitrogen stable isotope analysis of three types of oyster tissue in an impacted estuary. Estuarine Coastal Shelf Science66: 255-266
- Baird, ME, PG Timko, IM Suthers and JH Middleton (2006) Coupled physical-biological modelling study of the East Australian Current with idealised wind forcing. Part I: Biological model intercomparison. Journal of Marine Systems59: 249-270.
- Baird, ME, PG Timko, IM Suthers and JH Middleton (2006) Coupled physical-biological modelling study of the East Australian Current with idealised wind forcing: Part II: Biological dynamical analysis. Journal of Marine Systems59: 271-291. (Correction: images of Fig. 15 and 16 are reversed).
- Wright KJ, Higgs DM, Belanger AJ, Leis, JM (2005) Auditory and olfactory abilities of pre-settlement larvae and post-settlement juveniles of a coral reef damselfish (Pisces: Pomacentridae) Marine Biology147:1425-1434
- Taylor MD, Paul J. Palmer, D. Stewart Fielder, Iain M. Suthers. (2005) Responsible estuarine finfish stock enhancement: an Australian perspective. Journal of Fish Biology67: 299-331
- Begg, GA, SE Campana, AJ Fowler and IM Suthers. (2005) Otolith research and application: current directions in innovation and implementation. Marine and Freshwater Research56: 477-483
- Moore, S.K., Suthers, IM (2005) Can the Nitrogen and Carbon Stable Isotopes of the Pygmy Mussel, Xenostrobus securis, Indicate Catchment Disturbance for Estuaries in Northern New South Wales, Australia? Estuaries28: 714-725.
- Uehara, S., CT. Taggart, T Mitani and IM Suthers. (2005) The abundance of juvenile yellowtail (Seriola quinqueradiata) near the Kuroshio Current: the roles of drifting sargassum and regional hydrography. Fisheies Oceanography
- Uehara, S, A Syahailatua and IM Suthers. (2005) Recent growth rate of larval pilchards Sardinops sagaxin relation to their stable isotope composition, in an upwelling zone of the East Australian Current. Marine & Freshwater Research 56: 549–560
- Uehara, S, A Syahailatua and IM Suthers. (2005) The d15N and d13C signatures of faster growing larval pilchards, Sardinops sagax: contrasting effects of upwelling by the East Australian Current.
- Taylor, MD, S Fielder and IM Suthers. (2005) Batch marking of otoliths and fin spines to assess the stock enhancement of mulloway, Argyrosomus japonicus(Temminck & Schlegel, 1844) using a novel technique. Journal of Fish Biology 66: 1149-1162.
- Kingsford, MJ and Hughes, JM (2005) Patterns of growth, mortality and size of the tropical damselfish Acanthochromis polyacanthus across the continental shelf of the Great Barrier Reef. Fishery Bulletin103: 561-573
- Stewart, J. and Hughes, J.M. (2005) Longevity, growth, reproduction and a description of the fishery for silver sweep Scorpis lineolatus off New South Wales, Australia. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research39: 827-838.
- Baird, ME and J.H. Middleton (2004) On relating physical limits to the carbon : nitrogen ratio of unicellular algae and benthic plants. Journal of Marine Systems49: 169-175.
- Baird, ME, PR Oke, I. M. Suthers and J. H. Middleton. (2004) A plankton population model with bio-mechanical descriptions of biological processes in an idealized 2-D ocean basin. Journal of Marine Systems50: 199-222.
- Baird, ME, M Roughan, RW Brander, JH Middleton and GJ Nippard (2004) Mass transfer limited nitrate uptake on a coral reef flat, Warraber Island, Torres Strait, Australia. Coral reefs23:386-396.
- Lowry, M. and IM Suthers. (2004) Population structure of aggregations and response to spear fishing of a large temperate reef fish, Cheilodactylus fuscus. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 273: 199-210
- Gaston, TF, A Kostoglidos and IM Suthers. (2004) The 13C, 15N and 34S signature of a rocky reef planktivorous fish does indicate different coastal discharges of sewage. Marine & Freshwater Research55: 689-699
- Gaston, T.F., Suthers, IM (2004) Spatial variation in d13C and d15N of liver, muscle and bone in a rocky reef planktivorous fish: the relative contribution of sewage. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology. 304: 17-33
- Suthers, IM, D. Kelley, C.T. Taggart, J.H. Middleton and D. Rissik. (2004) Entrainment and advection in an island’s tidal wake, as revealed by light attenuance, zooplankton, and ichthyoplankton. Limnology and Oceanography49:283-296
- Smith, KA (2003). Larval distribution of some commercially valuable fish species over the Sydney continental shelf. Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales124:1-11.
- Baird, ME, S.J. Walker, B.B. Wallace, I.T. Webster and J.S. Parslow (2003) The use of mechanistic descriptions of algal growth and zooplankton grazing in an estuarine eutrophication model. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science56: 685-695.
- Baird, ME (2003) Numerical approximations of the mean absorption cross-section of a variety of randomly oriented microalgal shapes. Journal of Mathematical Biology47: 325-336
- Baird, ME (2003) Reply to ‘In defence of the cell quota model of micro-algal growth’ by M. R. Droop. Journal of Plankton Research25: 109-110.
- Dela-Cruz, J., J.H. Middleton, and IM. Suthers. (2003). Population growth and transport of the red tide dinoflagellate, Noctiluca scintillans, in the coastal waters off Sydney Australia, using cell diameter as a tracer. Limnology and Oceanography48: 656-674.